Rules & Regulations
Tournament Rules - Weigh In
- Deposits and entry fee are non-refundable unless the tournament event is cancelled.
- A boat will have no more than 2 competitors in it during the event.
- Only competitors who are registered may participate in the tournament
Big Fish Contest
- Total weight of no more than 5 fish will be recorded.
- The team with the most weight is declared the winner.
- Teams are not permitted to carry any more than 5 fish on tournament day.
- Bass must be at least 12 inches in order to be weighed.
- Bass under 12 inches will NOT be weighed.
- Only largemouth and smallmouth bass are permitted in live wells during competition.
- Dead fish will be weighed with a 1 pound penalty per dead fish.
- Teams who arrive late to the weigh-in will suffer a 0.5 pound penalty for every minute they are late.
- Teams who are more than 15 minutes late for weigh in will be disqualified.
- The Big Fish Contest is an optional contest.
- Competitors must enter the contest prior to blast off.
- The prize will be awarded to the competitor with the heaviest single fish.
- Big Fish entries must be alive. Dead fish may not be entered in the Big Fish Contest.
- In case of a tie, the competitor with the heaviest bag of fish will win the Big Fish Contest.
- In case of a tie of the heaviest bag, competitors will have a 1 hour fish off.
- After the 1 hour the competitor with the single biggest fish will be declared the winner.
- Competitors must have a valid Ontario "Sport" fishing license.
- All laws and regulations from the license must be followed.
- Team numbers will determine the order of departure.
- Live bait may NOT be used during the tournament.
- Artificial lures, pork and scents are permitted.
- Nets to ASSIST fishermen are permitted (netting fish without using rods is prohibited.)
- Teams may not fish within 100 feet of any other competitor or ministry nets.
- Life jackets must be worn while gas powered motor is running.
- No alcohol or non-prescription drugs are permitted.
- In case of a tie for first place the heaviest fish from each of the tied teams will be weighed.
- The team with the heaviest fish will be declared the winner.
- Top 5 teams from previous year have priority over respective ranking.
- Competitors holding a top 5 rank, can delegate or trade their spot as they wish.
- If a Top 5 team splits up, they must decide who gets the ranking.
- Top 10 fundraising teams will be placed in the 6-15 spots on the launch list
- Teams ranking 6-10 for 2018 will be placed in the 16-20 spots on the launch list
- All other competitors will be ranked based on time of payment.
- After all payment competitors are ranked, the remaining competitors are ranked by time of registration.