Saturday, June 15, 2019Location:
Port Perry Marina, 215 Water Street, Port Perry, 905-985-3236Sign- In:
6:00 amBlast Off Starts at:
7:00 amEnd/Weigh In Starts at:
All participants must sign in before commencement of tournament.
Fee: $120 per team of 2, optional $20 for 'Big Fish' contest
About the Cause
Cancer continues to be a devastating diagnosis. On average, 539 Canadians will be diagnosed with cancer every day and 1 out of 4 Canadians (29% of men and 24% of women) are expected to die from it.
In Durham Region, we are lucky to have access to expert cancer services close to home. For the past 11 years, the R.S. McLaughlin Durham Regional Cancer Centre (DRCC) has been providing cancer care to residents of Durham Region and beyond. The DRCC provides a full range of cancer services including prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, psycho-social oncology, palliative care and survivorship.
- More than 500 people receive treatment each day at the DRCC.
- The Centre has 27 chemotherapy treatment spaces, 7 Linear accelerators (radiation machines), 2 CT simulators and 1 OR/Brachytherapy Suite.
- Approximately 250 doctors and staff work at the centre alongside 75 volunteers.
- The chemotherapy suite has approximately 1600 visits each month.
- More than 35,000 radiation treatments are delivered each year to people living with cancer, with new patients growing to more than 2,500 this year.
- More than 60 clinical trials available at the DRCC